WordPress Plugin: Browser Detection
This is a Browser Detection Plugin for WordPress. It provides a function that takes user agent string as a parameter and then returns a descriptive string. It also provides another function for easy insertion in comment template.
- Detects and shows commenters web browser and operating system (for use in comment template)
- Describe an arbitrary user agent string (for general use)
- Optionally show web browser and operating system icon.
- If the user is “cookied”, it also displays an asterisk titled with the full user agent string (hover over them to see the full user agent string). Your regular visitors will not be shown this asterisk.
- Most browsers detected: major desktop browsers, antiquated browsers, blogging software (for trackbacks and pingbacks), text based browsers, various PDAs and cell phones.