To have a blog that performs well, there are certain things to keep in mind, and Jakob Nielsen over at Useit.com has come up with a list of the top ten design mistakes.
1. No Author Biographies
2. No Author Photo
3. Nondescript Posting Titles
4. Links Don’t Say Where They Go
5. Classic Hits are Buried
6. The Calendar is the Only Navigation
7. Irregular Publishing Frequency
8. Mixing Topics
9. Forgetting That You Write for Your Future Boss
10. Having a Domain Name Owned by a Weblog Service
The ones I most agree with are the first two. One of the things I do once I realize “hey, I like this blog” is to see who wrote it. Its very frustrating, especially on more personal type blogs, to not know who I am reading.
Check out all the details of the list at useit.com