WordPress Theme and Plugin Challenge Results
WordPress slowdown and a challenge started a week before the end of the month. I was hoping to try to stir up the WordPress community, but alas, there was nothing but a faint trickle of ideas though I am not surprised by the results. I am sure some will blame the summer months or the short span of this challenge, but honestly, I think it just shows the current state of the theme and plugin community. With up to a total of 10 spots open to have a link to their theme or plugin on every page of Blogging Pro for a month, I expected to atleast get 10 entries, but I did not even get that many.
I actually got more links reporting the challenge than entries in the challenge which is actually a very interesting twist on how the community has changed.
Since we did not get many competing entries, those that did enter will get their front page spot on Blogging Pro. Thank you to the few that entered at all.
The results are as follows…
Custom Rewrite Rules
While I found it sad to see so few entries, I am happy by what did make it in. I am impressed by most of what was sent to me, and feel that they deserve their addition to the sidebar of Blogging Pro. I will be working on complete writeups on each of these, which you can expect to see soon.
I want to thank everyone who helped, as well as those that entered. You have confirmed my fears about the WordPress theme and plugin community. Let’s hope the development community does better with their Bug Hunt today.