Liz Strauss is a very wise woman, and has posted an article called “The Problem with Writing . . . 25 Things to Know BEFORE You Write for a Living“. This article works very well for the topic of blogging as well, as people are trying to get jobs professionally blogging.
I have taken a few from her list and posted them below. I chose the ones that personally effect me the most.
The problem with writing is:
- that, when you start, no one will believe you are one.
- that all writing jobs takes longer than folks think they will.
- that getting to a living wage takes time and boring work.
- that, when you write well, the finished product looks like it was easy.
- that no one cares how hard it was.
- that the lifestyle isnít glamorous.
- that the pay can be less glamorous.
- that when you have finished, thereís no applause.
- that you have finished, you have to do the same thing all over again.
Check out the full list at Successful Blog.