Max Limpag shares a comprehensive guide about converting any web template into a WordPress theme.
Converting a web template is fairly easy if you take the time to learn how to do it. I wrote this guide for someone like me a few months back – eager to use a great looking web design and yet not knowing how to start converting it to work with WordPress.
The guide includes tips on where to get templates one may use for conversion. The steps are basically as follows:
- Organizing the theme/template files
- Finalizing the design of the template
- Marking up the template for later reference
- Cutting the design into the different WordPress theme parts
- Adding the WordPress theme elements
Max also made a tutorial video available, which may appeal to you better if you’re more visually-oriented.