WordPress Plugin: The Nine Rules

If you are a 9rules groupie, or are already a member of the 9rules community and use WordPress, EKOnline has a plugin for WordPress that allows you to see one of the 9rules original rules in your dashboard.

The Nine Rules is a simple little plugin — made up of code from Matt Mullenweg, inspiration from the 9rules crew, and a little bit of my own magic thrown in on top. Once activated, it will randomly display a new “rule” on each page of your WordPress dashboard, coloured using one of the eight colours found in the famous 9rules leaf.

There is also a colorless version for those that are using a modified dashboard color set to stop clashing. Interesting, but pretty useless. I think it’d be cooler if there was one to replace the feeds in the dashboard with 9rules members. That’d be neat.

Categories: WordPress Plugins

Comments

1. Brian Gilham says: 10/27/2006

David: Thanks for posting about my silly little plugin ;-)

It’s not really meant to do anything useful, just be something fun for those who consider themselves 9rules groupies. However, I like your idea about the feeds. I’ll look into it and see what I can come up with.

Cheers.

2. David ) says: 10/27/2006

Don’t get me wrong. I love the idea. I have been a fan of random quotes for a long time. It kept me motivated and gave me a laugh here and there when I had used them before I started blogging.

I hope people download it and that it does give them a little inspiration boost.

If you get that 9rules dashboard feed replacement thing working… That’d be super cool. Good luck, and keep up the plugin work.

3. Brian Gilham says: 10/27/2006

Thanks for the kind words, David. I’ve spent the better part of the afternoon taking a look at the WordPress dashboard and how I could go about creating a plugin which allows users to replace the feed.

So far, I have a couple of ideas and hope to be able to have something to show everyone this weekend.

4. Brian Gilham says: 10/29/2006

David: I’ve released the results of the plugin you suggested and called it Own the Feed. It’s not quite what you had in mind, but I think it’s a good step.

Cheers.

5. Milan Zigmond says: 11/14/2006

hi, i’m writing here because the contact page doesn’t work

can u please let me know how to submit or suggest a new plugin to this site?

thanks

6. aydin-aydin says: 9/18/2008

Patent, Marka Patent, Patent Ofisi, Patent Dirsek, Patent Office, Patent Tescil, Patent Burosu, www patent, Patent com, Patent Ofisim, Patent Tescili, marka patent tescil, patent alma, turk patent, tasarim tescili, tescil belgesi, tasarim tescil, marka tescil, marka tescil belgesi, marka tescili

7. Grafabrik says: 1/2/2009

web tasarımı, web tasarım , İstanbul web tasarımı, web sitesi tasarımı, internet sitesi tasarımı, internet sayfası tasarımı, web sayfası, web sitesi, profesyonel web tasarımı

Current ye@r *