7 Reasons Why Personal Blogs Rock
Darren Rowse of Problogger.net has posted an article on his opinions on why personal blogs rock.
I don’t know if he still keeps a personal blog somewhere, but on all of his blogs he has shared his life and himself in personal ways, and so really understands what he is talking about. I also have a personal blog, and agree with just about everything he lists. I don’t get to write on it as much as I would like, but that’s a different story.
Here’s his list:
1. teach you the skills of blogging
2. familiarize you with the tools of blogging
3. help you work out how much time you have
4. help you work out if you can sustain blogging for the long term
5. give you a taste of blogging â€˜cultureâ€™
6. help you define a niche
7. help you find a readership
He goes on to explain each point, and again, I suggest blogging to many people that I talk to, even if it is just on your own local machine or something, as it will allow you to deal with every point, except the last, and that is the key to getting bigger and better if you want to make it online.