Cameron Moll’s Freelancing Lessons
Cameron Moll, a designer I respect has given up freelancing to take a job with the LDS Church as Principal Interaction Designer, but before he forgets about the last year and a half of his life, he has summed up his thoughts on being a freelancer and given a few tips that cross the boundaries of the design world, and is great advice for all freelancers.
- Youâ€™re a business. Act like one.
- Donâ€™t wait for great ideas to auto-execute.
- Secure office space within 6-12 months.
- Youâ€™re not a bank. Remind clients of that.
- Smooth out revenue flow with residual income.
- Thereâ€™s more to life than business.
Check out his thoughts behind each tip on his blog at CameronMoll.com.