The way that WordPress 2.0.x and 2.1 manages image uploads got you down? Well, there might be a plug-in that can help you. It is called Flexible Upload, and it does just as its name says.
It provides features such as:
- Resize pictures at upload to the size you specify
- Let you decide whether or not to create a thumbnail and specify its size
- Optionally incrust a watermark signature in all pictures you upload
- Enhanced link insertion into your posts: specify picture alignment (left, right, center) – optional
- Insert a caption for each picture (not supported for WP2.1 with Wysiwyg editor)
- Optional support for Lightbox2 links
If you are interested, check out Ma Tasse de ThÃ©.