Finally, there is another update on the WordPress Theme Viewer. I was beginning to wonder if we would have to deal with black boxes as images for themes forever.
Here are the details from the update:
- The test run site has been upgraded to WordPress 2.1.
- Comments on the test run site has been deleted, and commenting is now closed.
- The rating system on the main site has been removed – many users noticed that theme authors misused the system to gain more attention to their themes.
- People who have requested permission to upload, now has uploading rights.
- In the future, people who sign up for an account will have permission to upload right away.
Regarding all the people who have volounteered to help – thanks a lot. I will get in touch with some of you within the next week, since the site will need moderators to keep down the volume of spam, bitching, theme ripoff’s and duplicate uploads.
Hopefully, the Theme Viewer will get the help it needs from some great volunteers and thank goodness for adding in the upload permissions to new users. A smart move.
If you haven’t been to the Theme Viewer before, it is definitely a resource to check out.