Tadeusz Szewczyk has written an article on Google Blogscoped about SEO and what you can do without it to make your site a success.
- Discover your niche
- Use WordPress
- Create a killer CSS design and submit it to CSS galleries
- Allow trackbacks, use dofollow
- Socialize, write comments and link other blogs
- Include social media on your site, use social media yourself
- Write your own content, say something new, express yourself
- Compile what you know or what others said and publish it
- Contribute to your favorite online publications
- Add new content at least every second day
For more details on each point, check out the original post on Google Blogscoped.