Use WordPress Like Tumblr

Jeffro from Jeffro2pt0 has posted an interesting WordPress plugin that allows you to use WordPress a little more like Tumblr. The plugin is called QuickPosts and quickly gives you many of the same features you would be used to in a Tumblr site.

The plugin is called QuickPost and was developed by a company called Twelve Horses. After downloading, installing, then activating the plugin, you’ll have to go into the QuickPost options area and select a default category for each bookmarklet tab.

Thanks to this plugin, I’m seriously considering disbanding my Tumblr account and using this blog as my Tumbelog and everything else blog. After all, lifestreaming seems to be where everything is headed so perhaps setting the site up this way allows me to get a head start on the trend.

Definitely one worth checking out, and the comments hold some great help on getting things to work well.

Categories: WordPress Plugins

Comments

1. Jeffro2pt0 says: 11/9/2007

Wow David. Thanks for the link love, I really do appreciate it. About this plugin. I dislike the fact that it doesn’t have a way to preview the post before it’s published. also, the bookmarklet doesn’t have any way for you to attach tags to the post. This means that, after I publish a post using the plugin, I then have to go into the EDIT mode to put in the tags and whatever else. Sometimes, it seems like more of a waste of time than if I would of posted something straight from the editor to begin with.

2. sohbet says: 11/10/2007

thanks

3. Nakul Goyal says: 1/10/2008

It sounds like a good idea, but then the problem comes when you have more control over things, you tend to do more things. Working on the theme, and the blogroll, and some ads and so on and it is a blog and remains a blog. I completely agree to your point though and that is the reason why I chose to use a custom domain with Tumblr, considering that there may be a time when I want to move away from a service, and having everything on a custom domain that I own would give me much more control then a subdomain at Tumblr or WordPress.

4. Kyle says: 1/30/2008

Nakul Goyal, your feed is still being hosted by tumblr, it’s just being displayed via your domain redirecting to them. You don’t have the content on your server still like this would provide.

“I completely agree to your point though and that is the reason why I chose to use a custom domain with Tumblr, considering that there may be a time when I want to move away from a service, and having everything on a custom domain that I own would give me much more control then a subdomain at Tumblr or WordPress.”

5. maynet says: 7/30/2008