International WordPress Day
Tuesday July 1, 2008 is going down as the unofficial International WordPress day. The event is being sponsored by WPCandy.com and is being used as a way to say thanks to Automattic.
We want to dedicate a day to just thank the awesome folks over at Automattic for putting together some really awesome projects, such as WordPress, bbPress, etc. I bet they work their asses off and I think they deserve a little bit of appreciation (not that they donâ€™t get any, but thereâ€™s never too much appreciation).
If you would like to participate in this awesome event, simply blog about WordPress at some point on July 1st describing why you prefer WordPress over other CMS’s, how it’s managed to help your business, a simple thank you letter to Automattic or simply write up a blog post with your secrets or tips for using WordPress.
Asides from participating on your own blog, WPCandy will be hosting a series of activities during the day while giving out prizes to those who leave comments on their official page. So far, the list of prizes they will be giving away is as follows:
- 1 Theme of Choice from Blogalized.com
- 1 License of the WPRemix theme
- 3 Single-User Revolution theme licenses (theme of choice)
- 1 5-pack of themes from WordPress Themes Market (to be released shortly after WP Day)
- 1 free 30-day banner ad on WPforSale.com
- 4 Copies of the Viva Zoom Pro plugin
- 4 Copies of the Viva Carousel Posts plugin
- 4 All-Inclusive Dev Packages from Premium News (valued at $500 each)
- 1 iThemes.com Developers Package
The winners will be picked at random by the staff of WPCandy. To those who participate, good luck!