Del.icio.us loses its dots :)
I love Del.icio.us, I’ve been a loyal user of this well-loved social networking site.Â Today, I think I will love it even better.Â I just heard that they’ve made my life a little better.Â I really had trouble entering their URL like, forever!Â I’d go deli.cio.us or de.licio.us or deli.cio.usÂ arrgghhh… only to find out I’ve mixed the dots for the millionth time.Â NOW, I just head-on and put www.delicious.com …. now isn’t that easy.Â C’mon, I know it’s NOT JUST ME.Â (I know, I know, delicious.com has always forwarded to del.icio.us anyway, but hey, now the reverse is true! Yay!).
Delicious has a bold new design that is more powerful and easier to use, along with a revamped search that’s faster and more robust. It’s also full of useful features that people have been requesting for years.
The new site is LIVES(!) and now has softer blues and was reported to have a more user-intuitive interface.Â It’s now presented with the general public in mind vs. before when it mainly just made a mark on the techies.
Webmonkey has summarized the changes like so:
- Completely revamped interface
- The navigation bar is now organized into Bookmarks, People, and Tags.
- A new MyTags page lets you see all your tags in an expanded cloud
- The bookmark summary can be adjusted to show more or less detail and now shows a save count so you can see how many other people have bookmarked the page.
- You can also see everyone’s bookmarks for that web page or just those people in your network.
- The new sidebar improves tag and tag bundle navigation
I feel that the interface does make things look more organized.Â I appreciate the fact that my bookmarks now display in full width, showing me new info that are useful.Â Speedy too… Come check it out!