Del.icio.us loses its dots :)

I love Del.icio.us, I’ve been a loyal user of this well-loved social networking site.  Today, I think I will love it even better.  I just heard that they’ve made my life a little better.  I really had trouble entering their URL like, forever!  I’d go deli.cio.us or de.licio.us or deli.cio.us arrgghhh… only to find out I’ve mixed the dots for the millionth time.  NOW, I just head-on and put www.delicious.com …. now isn’t that easy.  C’mon, I know it’s NOT JUST ME.  (I know, I know, delicious.com has always forwarded to del.icio.us anyway, but hey, now the reverse is true! Yay!).

Delicious has a bold new design that is more powerful and easier to use, along with a revamped search that’s faster and more robust. It’s also full of useful features that people have been requesting for years.

The new site is LIVES(!) and now has softer blues and was reported to have a more user-intuitive interface.  It’s now presented with the general public in mind vs. before when it mainly just made a mark on the techies.

Webmonkey has summarized the changes like so:

• Completely revamped interface
  • The navigation bar is now organized into Bookmarks, People, and Tags.
  • A new MyTags page lets you see all your tags in an expanded cloud
  • The bookmark summary can be adjusted to show more or less detail and now shows a save count so you can see how many other people have bookmarked the page.
  • You can also see everyone’s bookmarks for that web page or just those people in your network.
  • The new sidebar improves tag and tag bundle navigation

I feel that the interface does make things look more organized.  I appreciate the fact that my bookmarks now display in full width, showing me new info that are useful.  Speedy too… Come check it out!

Categories: General, Interesting

Comments

1. Ultimate Blogging Experiment says: 8/2/2008

it is about time they do something like this. This is one of the reasons why I did not like to use it. Now I might go back and start using it as one of my networks.

2. Grant says: 8/2/2008

Yeah im loving the new delicious, it has got me using it again after so much neglect the past year or so, check out what i had to say.

3. Jim says: 8/4/2008

CNet.com program host (for Buzz Out Loud) is having gripes about the new delicious.com system. Check out their latest podcast episode. Tagging is done by manually typing tags over and over… haven’t tested this out, but I’ll check.

4. Jay says: 8/12/2008

I think Delicious might be nearing the end of its growth period, though – what do you reckon? Not sure it’s ever built up the critical mass of mainstream (i.e. non-serious-blogger/techie types) users that give a site longlasting momentum and the serious growth potential. Seems to me that it’s probably caught all the serious users already, and lower-intensity internet users just aren’t going to be interested in its functionality over browser bookmarks or Googling keywords. I’m a big fan (del.icio.us/al3ph), but only one or two of my friends use it at all so even as a keen user it’s never taken off for me as a social utillity. And I think it’s that social connection that keeps people coming back to a site, as it proides always-updated content to check out.

5. TriemNicmor says: 10/21/2008

6. Krestort says: 4/23/2009

Recently one of my friends started an obsession with the actor Nicholas Cage (mostly because their names are both Nicholas – sounds strange but he is strange and that isn’t the point). After asking around the rest of my friends he seems to be a very controversial figure.
    What does the forum think? do you love the all action superhero? Or do you hate the droning voice of the man who does nothing but action shooters?

7. lahana kapsülü says: 4/26/2009

Lahana kapsülü, Lahana Çorbası Kapsülü

8. psevdolokulop says: 7/15/2009

How many times you eat during a normal … every day life?
    are you the type of person who eats a bit and often?
    or rarely and too much?

i usually have 3 and i’m the 2nd type of person (though it’s not that healthy)

8 am breakfast