WordPress Global Translator Plugin

If you have either spent a fair bit of money buying a translator plugin, or worked hard on developing something to translate your content inside your WordPress blog, you’ll probably be kicking yourself now, as a plugin called WordPress Global Translator Plugin has been out for a while now. Recently, it released version 1.1.2 and it can translate your content, through automated translation engines, into thirty-four different languages.

Italian, Korean, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Portuguese, English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Greek, Dutch, Bulgarian, Czech, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Hindi, Polish, Romanian, Swedish, Norwegian, Catalan, Filipino, Hebrew, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese

While these translations might not always be the most readable content, they do provide many new pages of content, and can give both a traffic and search engine ranking boost.

As long as paying real translators is too costly, these services will do well, and if you have a need to have your content be translated, even by machines, into different languages, WordPress Global Translator Plugin might be the plugin for you. It gets a thumbs up from me, solely because it is constantly being developed, and more blogs should promote plugins that are currently being constantly developed.

Categories: WordPress Plugins

Comments

1. Amit says: 1/23/2009

I have been using this plug-in since last year and has almost doubled my traffic if not more. Its priceless. I agree the translation is not top notch but it gives a fair idea about the topic and its mostly inline with the main idea.

2. Calítoe.:. says: 1/23/2009

It’s sad that it helps to boost your traffic in spite of such a bad quality output. :(

3. David ) says: 1/23/2009

Sure for some people, it is all about boosting traffic, but it does make articles slightly easier to read for people in other languages. Sometimes it butchers everything, but other times it keeps the idea alive, allowing people from other languages to learn new things that they might not have otherwise seen. It isn’t perfect, but it is free.

4. paulkersey says: 1/28/2009

thanks, this is a very good option for webmasters!

5. joe says: 4/27/2009

I totally agree with David. Lots of time people just want to learn something on a foreign page but found the process of translating text a little annoying. This plugin will help get your articles out to the world without pain and also get more traffic in the process.

6. Peter says: 5/31/2009

7. Marcos says: 7/11/2009

One question, ¿Is possible with Global Translator Pro or Global Translator free customize sidebars to change blogroll, advertising, etc for each language? It would be great.

¿Perhands using some king of conditional (php)?

Thanks.

8. john says: 9/11/2009

I have just installed this plugin.It does not work, i think maybe because my cache’s server setting.

• Clive says: 9/30/2009

Does not work for me either

9. Admiyn says: 10/12/2009

great plugin for wordpress, thanks for n2h

10. certblog says: 10/15/2009

Looking like great way to catch few more visitors and decrease bounce rate

11. Chet Payne ) says: 6/19/2010

I want to put this on my blog but I am not completely sure if I trust it. Good review though.

12. Chloe says: 12/27/2010

Dance mambo in 2011 .

13. Angela Bassett says: 1/21/2011

Are you sure that Google will rank translated pages (through plugins like this one) ?
    I thought you really needed to translate the text for Google to read it…

14. Nicky Smart ) says: 2/17/2011

thanks, this is a very good option for webmasters!
    Specially for non English users…

15. small-bizz says: 4/26/2011

16. business management says: 4/26/2011

¿Perhands using some king of conditional (php)?

Thanks.

17. achievement says: 4/26/2011

18. Visitearn says: 11/30/2011

its not updated anymore and does not work for wp3

19. Rob says: 12/11/2011

If you want to have any kind of SEO for your web site DO NOT INSTALL this plugin. It generates nothing but 503 errors for google and eats up your drive space with cached and old translated pages. I had over 16,000 unreachable pages and my PR was going downhill every google update… and this was the reason…