WordCamp Chicago Day 1
So after arriving to Chicago, we relaxed and took in the comfort of the hotel. Getting up early today, I hit up the UBS Center where WordCamp Chicago is being held. I was amazed at the style of building.
The sessions were great, especially Jeremy Wright and Micah Baldwin who really did things that appealed to me (a rarity at WordCamps these days).
So now for some random thoughts from day one that I hope you’ll all enjoy:
- Brian Gardner is ripped! I wasn’t expecting that, but his head shot doesn’t do him justice
- There were at least half a dozen Canadians, including myself at the event.
- Long-ish breaks between sessions were awesome
- The internet connection started really horribly, but started getting better as the afternoon progressed
- Some people actually recognized me, more from WordPress Weekly, than anywhere else
I am really impressed with the event, and think that those involved in organizing it deserve some insane respect. I think that the presentations still weren’t WordPress focused enough, but overall they were less business focused than other events I’ve been to.
I am looking forward to day two, despite only being a half day. If you are at WordCamp Chicago, and want to meet up, let me know through a comment on this post, or via Twitter (@brandingdavid), where a huge back channel of content is being created under the hash tag #wcchicago.