Beta 2 is here. Get it while it’s…still not quite out of Beta…or something.
From the WordPress.org Dev Blog…
Notable fixes in beta 2:
* Translation of role names fixed
* wp_page_menu() defaults to sorting by the user specified menu order rather than the page title
* Upload error messages are now correctly reported
* Autosave error experienced by some IE users is fixed
* Styling glitch in the plugin editor fixed
* SSH2 filesystem requirements updated
* Switched back to curl as the default transport
* Updated the translation library to avoid a problem with mbstring.func_overload
I’ve been using 2.8.1 Beta 1 on a few sites, and liking it quite a bit. There are some issues with plugins, as there always are with any new version, but other than that it’s pretty solid.