Movable Type Monday: Smileys, GPS, Title Length, and More

Happy Monday, folks! This week we’ve got a handful of new plugins for you. I have not had a chance to try these personally, so if anybody has, please let us know what you think in the comments.

AutoSmileysSebastian Böthin has written a plugin that replaces text-based emoticons with images. The plugin comes with a default list of emoticons to replace, but you can customize that list as much as you want. And AutoSmileys can be used just about anywhere — entries, comments, pages, and more.

Garmin Connect Action StreamGarmin Connect is a social training log that lets you track and share your training activities using Garmin GPS devices. This plugin from Scott Hill adds those activities to your Action Stream.

LimitTitleFrançois Nonnenmacher has written two of this week’s plugins. This first one enforces a maximum length for titles on entries and pages. This is particularly useful for blog editors that need to maintain some consistency amongst their authors.

AssetDuJour — François’s other plugin, AssetDuJour, helps you organize your uploaded files. Instead of all files going into a single folder, it organizes files by a date-based folder system.

MT-Twitter — Finally, this plugin from Brandon Fuller imports your Twitter posts into your Movable Type blog. While not a new plugin, the recent update was the first one in over two years. With this new version, the plugin settings are styled with the modern MT user interface. Brandon also fixed a bug with converting URLs into links.

What have you done with MT lately? Let us know in the comments.

Categories: Movable Type News
Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Emz@IndoTravel says: 12/29/2009

Thanks for plugin info. Intersting to try MT Twitter plugins, that’s really interest. Is it can move up our audience?

2. Last Result says: 12/31/2009

Autosmiley will making our blog are good looking, it’s cool tools. Thanks for share.

3. Laura ) says: 1/1/2010

I’d love to use MT again. I have a new domain and the blog I want to run on it. But MT seems to have so little support or community. This is the only recent support I have found for MT users. Do you know of other current resources? I used MT several years ago and loved it.

4. Billy Mabray says: 1/4/2010

@Laura, unfortunately the community has fallen off quite a bit in the last few years. Your best bet for support is the MT forums.

You might also want to join the Pronet mailing list. It’s not a support channel, but it’s a good way to find out what 6A and the community are doing.

5. doÄŸal taÅŸ says: 3/16/2011

6. doÄŸal taÅŸ says: 3/16/2011

7. GPS For Car says: 4/13/2011

Any updates on the Garmin Connect Action Stream?

8. su deposu says: 4/25/2011

9. mantolama izolasyon says: 5/5/2011

10. rehau says: 5/28/2011

11. kabin says: 5/30/2011

Do you know of other current resources? I used

12. http://www.gercekoperator.com/sistem-nasil-calisir says: 5/31/2011

What would all of us do without the brilliant tips you talk about on this site? Who comes with the patience to deal with essential topics in the interest of common visitors like me? My spouse and i and my guys are very fortunate to have your web site among the kinds we generally visit. We hope you know how much we take pleasure in your working hard! Best wishes coming from us all.

13. su deposu says: 7/9/2011

Tell me a story,” she said, looking up at her father. He was tucking her into her pink blankets, sitting on the edge of her bed. Her dark hair, the same colour as his, was spilled out over her pillow like ink on paper.