5 Wise Ways To Grow As A Blogger!
No matter where you are on the â€œfood chainâ€ of blogging, chances are, you can be better and ascend higher.
Growth is what itâ€™s all about.
Growth is a true sign of maturity, and the true sign of a professional.
And like many other life forms, if you donâ€™t grow you risk dying.
Do a reality check.
If youâ€™re not learning more, receiving more visitors, finding more joy, making a greater impact, then chances are youâ€™re not challenging yourself enough, or youâ€™re approaching it wrong.
For certain, growth takes time. Still, you should see signs of progress with each step and level as you progress.
To help you to reach greater heights, here are a few tips Iâ€™ve garnered from my career as a professional blogger and my personal experience.
1. Be open to constructive criticism—If you canâ€™t stand the heat, as they say, get out of the kitchen. Whether itâ€™s comments from blog readers, or perhaps a blog boss that â€œmicro-managesâ€ your work, prepare to be given feedback. It comes with the territory. Sometimes it will be valid and help you to hone your craft; other days it may be the result of somebody just having a bad day. Donâ€™t let it get you down, or take you out of the game! Heed and move forward.
2. Set goals for where you wannaâ€™ go—These should include short and long term goals, how much you would like to make, and even jobs youâ€™d like to score.
3. Study the best in your particular niche and even those you might perceive as â€œcompetition.â€ Theyâ€™re at the top for a reason.
4. Donâ€™t be afraid of a little trial and error. Learn from your mistakes and capitalize on your strengths. Over a period of time, analyze your topics, your approach, your design set-up and image choices, and the responses received. What worked? What tanked? Act accordingly.
5. Donâ€™t rest on your laurels. Strive to be better than average. Strive to be better than last month, last year even. Keep raising the bar for yourself and others within the blogging community.
Keep these five pointers in mind, work hard, and be a receptive student to what each experience offers. The more you know, the more youâ€™ll grow!
How do you measure your growth as a blogger?
Have you used any of the above tips as a strategy for success?
Image: Michelle Meiklejohn