In today’s society, most people don’t think twice about posting all the details of their lives to social media accounts. It’s a way to stay connected with friends and family and a way to establishing ties with new people. Usually, it’s harmless enough. However, some don’t seem to understand that a little bit of discretion is a good thing. In some cases, social media posts can lead to more than an embarrassing moment or a total loss of dignity. According to the bail bond agents at Around the Clock Bail Bonds, there is a noticeable increase in defendants being charged due to comments or postings on their own social media accounts. These criminals don’t appear to have any boundaries when it comes to social media. Read More
Posts Tagged ‘Social Media’
When you think of business mobile phones, you no doubt think of keeping in touch and calls – but with most phones now offering a multitude of apps and Internet access, and the need for businesses to use social media, there is far more to business phones than you might realise. Read More
When the Internet first took off among ordinary computer users, businesses were slow to react. Many of the largest businesses were caught flat footed, unable to even secure a good domain name or communicate effectively with their customers. We probably all recall the days when businesses were asked: “Do you have a website?”. This was followed by the SEO gold rush as businesses fought their way to the top of Google by hook or by crook, and now in the post Panda and Penguin world we know that content marketing is the next “big thing”.
The same pattern is now repeating itself in the new Web 2.0 world. While many businesses recognize the importance of social media, few know how to use this new medium to communicate with customers, build brand loyalty and set themselves apart from the competition. Read More
ANOTHER DAY, another social media hacking, this time at Buffer, the cross-platform social media aggregator that disperses status updates and shares at regular intervals. On Saturday users started to find that spam was being posted in their Facebook…
After releasing some pretty decent updates to its iOS application adding much needed social sharing functionality and releasing an all new version of the application for Spotify’s growing app ecosystem, AllThingsD has now learned that Twitter will…
With passion comes ambition. In this century, where technology is the forerunner in innovation and desire, this ambition is translated through the internet. Many create blogs, become bloggers, and write about their passion. However, even the best bloggers run out of ideas on what to write about and have to turn to other avenues. Learning new things about their passions and turning them into blog posts is part of the reality of being a blogger. Read More
This is not going to be a post about blasting your way to a huge number of followers with some dodgy software or anything similar.
This is about building a real and natural Twitter following of fans that want to hear what you have to say and follow your updates.
If you’re looking for a big magic button that will get you 1,000s of Twitter followers, go to Fiverr and buy followers, then sit back while you have 100,000 followers – 80% spam and the remaining 20% just don’t know who you are or give a damn about what you have to say.
Whatís the point of followers that don’t care about what you have to say? Read More
It has been said that you should spend approximately four times as much time and effort on promoting your blog as you do on creating it. I don’t know if I’d go quite that far, but the fact remains that social promotion is an integral part of blogging success. What is social promotion, you ask? Just what it sounds like. In broad terms it is anything that you do to generate interest in your content online to enhance your visibility. Yes, content is king, but without the ability to bring your content to people who are interested in it, it becomes a king without subjects. Even the most creative, witty, topical, and well-received blogs can’t simply rest on their laurels; social promotion is the difference between a great blog, and a successful one. Here are some tips to help you get your blog out of the darkness of obscurity, and into the spotlight. Read More
Attention all social media managers: The purpose of social media is to be social, and if you and your brand are not posting regularly or interacting with other users, it can hurt your brand.
No company has ever gained success by creating a social media page and then never using it. More and more customers today are turning to company’s social media sites over their websites, and if your company’s page lacks content and interaction, these customers will turn elsewhere.
Yes, sometimes it may be hard to think about exactly what you want to say or it may be hard to find the time to post, but there are things you can do to alleviate these blunders and inconsistencies from occurring. Read More