Do you love drag racing, winged spring cars, off-roading or American muscle cars? Have you worked on engines, or written about them? Do you follow the latest in auto news? Do you have a list of people in the race and performance world you’d like to know more about? Do you love a good build or a wacky modification? If so, a national performance and racing website is seeking writers for how to and technical pieces, interviews, race coverage, and profiles related to drag racing, street sports car racing, road racing, dirt racing, off-road racing, powersports and other articles about the American enthusiast and performance industry. If you’ve got the enthusiasm and technical savvy to help amateur racers and auto enthusiasts learn more about their vehicles, or race enthusiasts connect with the many series, races and racers, contact us.
RacingJunk.com is seeking writers with a strong drag race, oval track race, off-roading, sports car, dirt race, and auto enthusiast background to contribute articles to RacingJunk.com.
This is a 100% freelance, telecommuting position. Assignments, writing, editing, and submissions are all handled through the online editor. All you need is a computer, internet access, and the ability to deliver accurate, informative copy.
– Ability to write in a professional, informed tone while still injecting the appropriate level of personality.
– Experience with automotive trends and terminology.
– Strong research and fact-checking skills.
– A passion for amateur and semi-pro racing, and the ability to connect to an equally passionate audience.
– Prior writing or photography experience. If your technical know-how is strong enough, but you haven’t written professionally, consider applying anyway.
Things that help:
– A nose for news
– Familiarity with social media
– A passion for cars, particularly American muscle
To apply, please visit: https://www.ibpublishing.com/apply/auto-specialty-racing-and-auto-enthusiast.html
We ask that you submit a resume and a list of writing clips. If no clips are available, please submit a brief sample article on an automotive or racing news story or race recap or a short how-to.
Crate Engine or Build it Yourself? Three reasons why you should build it or buy it.
The Allure of the Winged Sprint Car
Five Questions from John Force
How to Turn That Chevy Nova into a Drag Strip Demon
Top Off-Road Mods for Better Torque and Traction