We’re looking for a part-time reporter and editor to lead the team at Eater Atlanta. This person should excel in a fast-paced environment, have a broad knowledge of the Atlanta dining and food scene, and be able to write quickly, accurately, and in a confident voice. The reporter will be responsible for breaking original news and collaborating with other members of the Eater staff.
- Write news coverage as assigned, as well as longer-form original maps and guides
- Perpetuate the highest standards of journalism, including original and reported news on the Eater Atlanta home page
- Maintain a wide network of sources both inside and outside major Atlanta restaurant brands
- Promote content via social channels, a daily newsletter, and other professional connections
- Collaborate with other Eater teams as needed
- Oversee the production of videos focused on the Atlanta restaurant scene
- Minimum one year experience writing and/or editing news content
- A competitive streak — you delight in scooping the competition
- A critical, seasoned eye for storytelling in any medium
- Excellent organizational skills, focus, and the ability to work independently
- A passion for and knowledge of the Atlanta restaurant scene
- Impeccable grammar and attention to detail with an eye toward clean copy
- The ideal candidate also has a working knowledge of photo editing, photography, and familiarity with content management systems. Video experience is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://bit.ly/2f6tApd →