FREELANCE BUSINESS REPORTER (Telecommute)
Blueshift Research is an independent research firm providing market intelligence to institutional investors. Our goal is to offer unique, ethical, quality, and unbiased research from independent sources, across multiple industries, allowing our clients to confirm or refute information from their investment theses, company representatives, and Wall Street analysts. Armed with the high-level, correlated data from Blueshift reports, our clients are able to make investment decisions with a competitive edge.
Blueshift is seeking a highly motivated journalist with business reporting experience and an inquisitive mind, that is superbly skilled at tracking down the right sources, has an eye for patterns, and can expertly interview sources and communicate those findings. Successful Blueshift reporters are quick learners who familiarize themselves with a company or industry in short order, then turn around and delve into research objectives intelligently when interviewing industry players.
- Participate in a project kick-off call for each assignment. Review/Discuss the assignment with the editor and reporter team to ensure a clear understanding of research question(s), project outline, goals, and deadlines.
- Understand and abide by Blueshift compliance policies and procedures at all times to ensure we are constantly meeting our ethical research requirements, as well as transparency during the interview process.
- Per the specifics of each assignment, interview a number of sources within the designated silos to ascertain industry trends and insight. The research topics provided in the research brief must be incorporated into each interview.
- Complete a written summary of each interview, using Blueshift’s report template.
- Strict adherence to project deadlines and communication requirements.
- Previous business reporting experience required.
- Blueshift reporters must possess the intellectual bandwidth to process fragmented information and see the big-picture story, particularly from an investor’s point of view.
- Blueshift reporters must clearly report facts and remain impartial at all times.
- Blueshift reporters should be determined, respectful of sources, able to work past setbacks, extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, and independent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to be flexible, reliable, and work an irregular schedule.
- Submit your cover letter in the body of your email, including salary requirements.
- Attach your resume as a PDF or MSWord document.
- Write “Business Reporter Position” in the subject of the e-mail.
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please, no phone calls.