Freelance editors play a pivotal role in our business model and help us in ensuring author satisfaction by editing academic papers from a wide range of subject areas and meant for publication in highly acclaimed international journals.
A typical Enago editor possesses the following qualities:
- Proficiency and competence in the most widely spoken language across the world—English!
- Knack for diligently editing, restructuring, and polishing articles written by non-native speakers
- At least 5 years of relevant academic copyediting/substantive editing/proofreading experience
- Extensive subject matter expertise
We prefer editor profiles that reflect
- Master’s/PhD/postdoctoral research experience (studies conducted, papers written/published, papers reviewed, etc.)
- Certificate/experience in academic editing, publishing, scientific communication, journal article writing, etc.
- Experience in editing ESL (English as a second language) manuscripts
- Knowledge of style (such as APA, CMS, AMA, CSE, and IEEE) and conventions followed in academic writing
- Member of acclaimed editing and publishing associations such as EFA, EASE, and BELS
Our freelance editors should ensure
- Immaculate grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and word choice
- Flow, transition, correct terminology, correctness of content, and coherence
- Appropriate manuscript format conforming to academic conventions in terms of citation style, layout, section headings, and tense usage
- Preservation of the author’s intended meaning even in papers where the content requires extensive revision
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://bit.ly/1PjMNtp →