New York Media
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Editorial team is at the core of everything New York Media does. Our team strikes the perfect balance of content that’s smart and funny so that our readers know everything they need to know to navigate a fast-moving culture, whether that’s up-to-date information on political events, cultural developments, fashion trends, or the latest scientific breakthroughs.
The focus for our Weekend Social Media Editor role is to attract readers to New York Media’s stories across all verticals during weekend hours.
- Contribute a high volume of posts across multiple social media platforms during weekend hours, starting at 9am EST. Expert knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, and Reddit required.
- Monitor social media for breaking news stories, working closely with writers as needed.
- Live-tweet and/or cover cultural and news events as assigned.
- Provide guidance and support to the writers to facilitate contributions in social media.
- Help identify and develop best practices that apply to a weekend social audience.
- Stay up-to- date on changes made to social media platforms, and how that might affect the company’s strategy moving forward. Use website and social analytics to make data-informed decisions.
- Monitor trends via real-time reporting and identify ways for the company to leverage current topics of interest to increase reach and engagement.
- Stay abreast of relevant industry benchmarks and assess the company’s relative performance on an ongoing basis. Identify gaps and areas of opportunity for improvement.
- 1-2 years of experience developing and executing social media strategies.
- Background in publishing, ideally in editorial or public relations roles at news media companies.
- Experience generating content for social media is critical.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills. Editorial sensibilities that align with New York’s voice, tone, and editorial POV.
- Knowledge of industry and competitors in the space.
- Substantial experience with social media and CMS enterprise such as SocialFlow, Bit.ly, Twitter Analytics, and Facebook Insights.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://bit.ly/2xmKp3G →