We are seeking talented writers to contribute to our ever-evolving library of white papers for physician leaders and medical services professionals. Freelancers will enjoy a flexible per-project contracting model, as well as the knowledge that their work is benefiting a niche profession at the heart of quality care and patient safety.
HCPro’s Clinical Privilege White Papers are a gold standard for researching and determining the clinical qualifications necessary to perform key procedures. Freelance writers are responsible for revamping existing papers to reflect modern industry expectations. This project entails rewriting, editing, and expanding existing content based on independent online research, phone interviews with subject matter experts, and feedback provided by the project editor.
Ideal candidates are pros at tracking down and talking with industry insiders, skilled in gathering pertinent information from an array of relevant sources, and adept at translating granular content into polished prose fit for a professional audience.
- Exceptional writing, researching, and editing skills. Healthcare journalism and/or publishing experience is preferred.
- Comfort with finding and interviewing subject matter experts (primarily doctors).
- A head for healthcare content and an eye for detail. Must be able to navigate clinical, regulatory, and compliance subject matter and adhere to specific project guidelines.
- Familiarity with the concepts of practitioner credentialing and privileging is a huge plus.
- The ability to meet quality standards and formatting expectations.
- Must be willing to collaborate with the project editor as needed to develop publication-ready work.
- Experience working freelance and meeting deadlines.
- Access to a recent version of Microsoft Word.
- Send applicaions and inquires to project editor Delaney Rebernik at email@example.com.
- Please include the subject line “White Paper Freelancer.”
- Applications should include a resume, brief cover letter, and three writing samples (or links to online writing)