We are looking for writers to work on contract, delivering content for our hit mobile game “Choices: Stories You Play.” You’ll brainstorm with the team, craft characters, plots, and series concepts, and see your writing come to life in the game. Pay is hourly and based on experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be working remotely with a team to deliver high-quality interactive narrative content for the game “Choices: Stories You Play” in the form of game scripts. This position involves creative writing, extensive editorial work, game testing, and collaboration.
On-site training: Writers will come to our Mountain View office for 3 months of creative and technical training.
Our ideal candidate creates stories with interesting characters and compelling narratives, is able to follow the established style and tone of our games, and can write from a variety of perspectives. Additionally, candidates should be able to accept and incorporate feedback, adapt writing to meet requirements, and consistently meet deadlines. Excellent copywriting and editing skills are a must.
This is an external contractor position, not full-time employment. The work will be done remotely, off-site. There will typically be between 40 to 50 hours of work each week. Overtime rates will apply over 40 hours per week. You will be expected to frequently attend video conference calls for brainstorming, training, and weekly writer syncs. Pay is competitive.
- Major in English, specifically creative writing.
- Knowledge about and passion for the gaming industry, specifically the mobile narrative gaming space.
- Understanding of current trends and pop culture.
- Passion for a specific genre of writing, i.e. Romance, Fantasy, Adventure.
- Technical proficiency (some computer science coursework).
- A cover letter, indicating why you’re interested in the position. In this letter, please state the top three genres you would be interested in writing for Choices.
- A current resume, highlighting writing and educational experience.
- A writing sample (short story, script, or game writing). We prefer fictional samples of writing that showcase friendship and romance. If you have more than one applicable sample, you can send more than one. We strongly encourage you to play a few chapters of Choices to get a feel for the kind of stories we tell.
- Please put your resume and writing sample into the body of an email (no attachments) with the subject line ‘Choices Remote Game Writer – [Your Name]’. Candidates will not be considered without a writing sample. Submit materials to Chelsa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We encourage you to download and play Choices: Stories You Play, High School Story, and Hollywood U (available on iOS, Android, and Kindle) to get a feel for the type of work our studio does.