Job Board >> Blog Editor
|Date Posted||21, Tuesday 2013|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
The blog's editorial mission: "Where kids talk tech and developers listen, so kids everywhere are inspired to create software."
This is a freelance contractor position that could transition to a full time position depending on the growth of the blog.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has several years experience reporting stories at the intersection of education / kids / technology.
- Can manage the publishing of items to a blog, from soup to nuts.
- Has a playful and smart sensibility, with an eye on how to make stories shareable / clickable.
- Can promote the blog and individual stories through social networks and related sites / blogs.
- Works well with a team in a corporate structure.
- Is within commuting distance of midtown Manhattan.
- Great writing / reporting skills with published clips.
- Demonstrated aptitude for managing an online publishing process (e.g. using a CMS, uploading content, moderating comments).
- College degree.
- Passion for kids and learning.
- Reporting rolodex in the education / kids / technology space.
- Newsroom experience.
- Naturally inquisitive.
- Smart, smart, smart.
To apply for the position, email a cover letter to [email protected] with a brief introduction, three story ideas inspired by the blog's mission, links to relevant clips, and your resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.