Job Board >> Contract Editor
|Company Name||Wet Paint|
|Date Posted||18, Tuesday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
The ideal candidate has a strong background in web publishing with a superior understanding of how to optimize content for readability and presentation for the web. Familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) and social media is a bonus. He/she is also highly creative and has the ability to manage and drive high-level conceptualizing and planning, as well as details of site management and maintenance. This is a 3 month contract.
1. Plan the content and publishing schedule of a lifestyle site
a. Research topic areas and competitive offerings.
b. Help develop, write, and edit content.
c. Analyze and react to performance of content types
2. Identify, hire, and manage editorial contractors
a. Coordinate and supervise the workflow of a disparate pool of freelance writers.
b. Provide ongoing intern and contractor support, training, and management.
c. Adhere to weekly editorial budget.
3. Provide editorial support to Senior Editors
a. Assist Senior Editors with execution of editorial plans.
b. Conduct ongoing site maintenance and management.
c. Actively participate in high-level editorial and network strategy planning and execution.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. B.A. in English, journalism, or related field.
2. 3 to 5 years of editorial web publishing, must include experience in the lifestyle or entertainment genre
3. Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Experience working with or managing freelance writers/editors
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within tight deadlines
7. Understanding of how people read online and how to optimize content and presentation for the web
8. Understanding of online publishing sites
9. Familiarity with search engine optimization and photo editing programs a plus.
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING: We'd like to see a cover letter, your resume, and two lifestyle-related writing samples (100-300 words each), then let's talk. Resumes missing any of this information will be immediately disregarded.
Wetpaint is a next-generation media platform company that uses its proprietary state-of-the-art technologies and expertise in social media to build and monetize audiences.
The company's vision is to power a portfolio of best-in-class media properties; the first, Wetpaint Entertainment, delights 18- to 34-year-old women with in-depth coverage of their favorite TV shows, stars and fashion. Wetpaint Entertainment attracts more than 12 million unique visitors monthly and has over 2 million Facebook fans.
The rapid success of Wetpaint Entertainment is due to the company's obsessive innovation around knowing its audience. This is made possible through Wetpaint's proprietary Social Distribution System, a patent-pending technology-based social experimentation platform. Wetpaint's competitive advantage is this complete audience-development engine, which optimizes the packaging and distribution of every item of content, getting it to the right audience at the right place at the right time on the social web.
Wetpaint was founded by Internet pioneer and digital media thought leader Ben Elowitz. The company's leadership and results have been recognized across top media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal's AllThingsD, Fortune, Forbes, TIME, CNNMoney, CNBC.com, Business Insider, TechCrunch, The Huffington Post, Media ReDEFined, paidContent, Poynter and more. Wetpaint has offices in Seattle and New York and is backed by Accel Partners, the investors behind Facebook.