Job Board >> Energy and Sustainability Writer
|Date Posted||15, Thursday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
With offices in San Francisco, New York, Frankfurt, Paris, and Beijing, and an international community of more than 100,000 industry professionals, AGRION provides a platform for members to connect, exchange ideas, and identify business opportunities on a global scale. Each office hosts weekly onsite and online conferences to facilitate face-to-face networking and online collaboration with leaders in the industry. A written report is then published on the Agrion website.
AGRION San Francisco is currently seeking a talented writer to contribute to the report writing process for each meeting. The position will require the candidate to attend meetings, transcribe audio recordings, and provide basic editing on a part time basis under the West Coast Data and Content Manager. Onsite roundtables include 1h30 panel discussions with 2 to 5 speakers, online webinars last for about 1hr including Q&A. This is a fast paced position and the ability to meet deadlines is crucial.
• Attend weekly meetings, watch online webinars, and take notes
• Transcribing audio recordings of meetings in a fast turnaround environment
• Generate an edited 10 - 15 page report from the transcribed audio
• Assist the West Coast Data and Content Manager to generate reports in a rapid fashion
• A college degree in Sustainability, English, creative writing, journalism, or communications preferred, though students in these degrees are also welcome to apply.
• A strong interest in the sustainability/energy field is preferred
• Excellent command of the English language and grammar, spelling, and composition.
• Must have excellent oral communications and interpersonal skills, and be able to take constructive criticism of ones work
• Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to quickly learn Express Scribe transcription software
• Dress appropriately in business attire for attending meetings
• Ability to work at home or in the office and complete tasks on deadline
• Flexible working hours and willingness to attend early morning meetings
• Minimum 1 year administrative and business writing experience (2-3 years of college writing for students)
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Minimum 50 words per minute
• Competent understanding of AP Style Guidelines
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Must be a team player