Job Board >> Feature writing for a technology and education company
|Date Posted||20, Thursday 2014|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
This is a work-from-anywhere freelance position. Stories are paid competitively on a per-piece basis, depending on subject and scope.
We’re particularly interested in personable, fun, upbeat and polished stories that highlight trends in web careers and the industry. Here’s an example: ‘It Is Never Too Late’: How a Teacher and an Artist Switched to Web Careers in Midstream
Our audience is primarily developers and designers, but we’re attracting a broader readership that’s learning new skills. Stories published on Treehouse might include interviews with highly successful designers, a close look at computer-programmer demographics or a piece on why a career in software development is a solid bet.
Candidates should have:
- experience writing feature and lifestyle stories and profiles
- a knack for employing colorful anecdotes and important statistics
- a basic understanding of web technology — but you don’t need to be an expert
- a compelling voice and clean, intelligible copy
- competence interviewing experts and everyday folks
- an imagination and a comfort pitching stories