Job Board >> Film Reviewer
|Date Posted||28, Thursday 2011|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
SheKnows.com is a rapidly growing online womenâ€™s magazine, attracting over 50 million unique visitors worldwide. Our goal is to supply women with helpful, authoritative, relatable information that is fresh, fun and smart.
We are currently looking for weekly freelance film reviewers who can attend advance screenings of films that relate to our audience. Ideally, we would like to have a panel of film reviewers from different backgrounds and sensibilities who can provide different perspectives (The Mom, The 20-Something Gal, The Male Significant Other, The Empty Nester). This is a part-time/freelance position.
3 Signs You Should Stop Reading Now:
* You do not have a journalism degree
* You do not have more than five years of solid writing experience
* Computers and online confuse you
* You do not have a background in entertainment writing
* You do not know the difference between "your" and "you're"
* The only writing samples you can provide are essays, short stories or college term papers.
(Please do not clog my inbox if you do not meet these requirements -- or cannot supply a good reason why I should hire you otherwise):
* Must write with wit, color and voice. If you cannot keep me entertained -- nay, riveted -- from start to finish, you need not apply. Your writing style must sing, jump off the page and sound wicked intelligent. It also must uphold the integrity of SheKnows.
* Grammar snobbery. Writers must be able to submit squeaky-clean, ready-to-publish articles. That means impeccable knowledge of grammar, AP style, punctuation and spelling.
* Creativity. We want people who are brimming with ideas/clever angles and are not shy about suggesting new ways to keep our readers coming back.
* You live in LA
* Online writing experience -- even better if you have worked in a CMS, Wordpress, etc.
* Knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) and how to leverage this in your articles
* Prior beat coverage of or expertise in film reviewing
* Strong knowledge of social networking and/or a strong following on Facebook and Twitter
* Strong sources in the entertainment world, namely film production studios
These are all part-time, freelance positions:
On average, we cover about 2-3 new movie releases per week
You will be required to enter your own articles into our CMS (content management system), which is accessible from anywhere that has an internet connection. We will train you in proper CMS entry, though prior experience will give you a leg up. You will need to include photo(s) and links, which should conform to proper strategic SEO guidelines.
Rates will depend on your experience.