Job Board >> Fitness+Tech Enthusiast to Manage Blog
|Date Posted||15, Friday 2013|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
WalkJogRun is a website and iPhone/iPad app providing everything a walker, jogger or runner needs to meet and exceed their fitness goals. We have over 200,000 members worldwide, 1.6 million running routes and millions of miles of training diary data logged from both the website and the app.
The website serves over 3.2 million visitors per year and the app has been downloaded 65,000 times so we're looking for some help to push 2013 to the next level.
We live and breathe WalkJogRun.net. We're fitness-minded people and have a passion for what we do. The right candidate will share these qualities.
Things are pretty fluid but the role would involve working on some, if not all, of these things based on experience and interest.
* Create 1-2 original blog posts per week
* Manage and edit the work of contributing authors
* Interview guests for the weekly podcast and potentially edit the content
You'd be a rockstar candidate if:
* you have a passion for fitness, preferably running
* you're a self-starter
* you have a background in marketing and/or journalism and can submit writing samples for review
* you have an understanding of search engine optimization and HTML
* you've created and run your own blog
* you have experience producing a podcast.
What we can offer you besides the money:
* we can reward a job well done with running gear and race sponsorship
* you'll gain experience developing content for a global brand
* as our brand evolves we're going to need full time staff for this position
* opportunity to work out of a fun co-working space at South Station where over 70 different startups and small businesses mingle
* work remotely if that's how you prefer to work (but candidate should be local to the greater Boston area to be able to come in to the office on occasion).
Depending on your skills this could be anywhere between 8 and 16 hours paid hourly.