Job Board >> Freelance Copy Editor
|Company Name||Pearson Foundation|
|Location||Mills Valley, CA|
|Date Posted||05, Thursday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
The Pearson Foundation is the nonprofit arm of Pearson, the international learning company with 37,000 employees in morethan 60 countries.
The Pearson Foundation aims to make a difference by promoting literacy, learning, and great teaching. We do this by collaborating with leading businesses, not-for-profits, and education experts to share good practice; foster innovation; and find workable solutions to the educational disadvantages facing millions of young people and adults across the globe. Learn more about us at www.pearsonfoundation.org.
As a member of our copyedit team, you will bring your electronic editing expertise to assist the Pearson Education Common Core project in its creation and development of an online K-12 curriculum. You will be responsible for performing basic copyediting of content for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors and adherence to the current Pearson Common Core Style Guide. The perfect candidate will have some knowledge of education and/or software development and the ability to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Perform basic copyediting of content from K-12 curriculum writers, adhering to current Common Core Style Guide and querying when necessary
• Report daily progress to Editorial Lead
• Deliver high-quality content within expected time parameters
• Bachelor's degree required; English, communications, journalism, education, or relevant field
• 2+ years of copyediting experience; education background or software development ideal
• Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Track record of meeting deadlines and working independently
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced culture with tight deadlines and shifting priorities
Location: This position is based in our Mill Valley, CA office.
The Pearson Foundation is an equal opportunityemployer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicantfor employment on the basis of race,color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, handicap,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.