Job Board >> Freelance Copy Editor
|Company Name||Amnet Systems|
|Date Posted||01, Monday 2013|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
Amnet's editors provide light, medium, and heavy copyedits and developmental edits. Topics vary greatly, but include business management, self-help, memoir, general fiction, and religion. All work is performed in Microsoft Word using the Track Changes and Comments features.
• Bachelor's degree (English preferred)
• 2 years editing experience in a publications environment
• Thorough knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word's Track Changes feature
• An excellent score on an editing test
• Ability to produce thorough edits on short deadlines
• Flexibility to adapt work based on written feedback
• Strong attention to detail and to written directions
Those with experience in the self-publishing market or knowledge of other style manuals, including APA, MLA, and AP, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Varies based upon manuscript length, turnaround time, and specialized content. All editors have an opportunity to review the details about the pay, topic, and deadline before accepting a project.
Email to the above address with the subject line EDITING POSITION. Attach a Word document or a PDF of your resume. Use the body of the email as your cover letter.
*Note: Residents of the states of Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Dakota, and West Virginia are ineligible and should not apply.