Job Board >> Freelance Copywriter
|Date Posted||10, Friday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
Key responsibilities include:
· Working closely with Research Lead to translate complex issues into crisp, simple materials while maintaining the integrity of the data.
· Working closely with Art Director and Research Lead to devise and execute concepts for sharing knowledge and information with a variety of audiences in ways that encourage them to integrate this information into their decision making and ways of working.
· Crafting messages that withstand the scrutiny of doctors and other health care professionals yet can be easily understood by a layperson; incorporating ideas and making revisions in response to the criticisms of other team members and clients.
· Using excellent editing and proofreading skills to review documentation prepared by other department members to ensure editorial and technical quality (structure, tonality, content, and compliance with templates).
· Delivering work within allotted times and on budget.
Qualifications / Skills:
To be a good fit for the Freelance Copywriter opportunity, you will have:
· A bachelor's degree in English, journalism or communications; a master's degree in related field is a plus.
· Minimum of five years of professional writing experience in a corporate environment or agency; experience in healthcare, high technology or a similar industry with complex product offerings/solutions is strongly preferred.
· A demonstrated aptitude for understanding complex issues and the ability to translate and simplify them for key audiences in the form of clear and compelling copy.
· Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
· Ability to work both independently and in partnership with Art Director/Research Lead to execute concepts, copy and content that is well written, creative and consistent with strategy.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to work.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and work well under pressure and changing priorities.
Important to note:
One of our goals for seeking a Copywriter is to ensure consistency in our deliverables. As such, it is important that you be able to commit to scheduled projects throughout the year. Ideally, you will also have some flexibility for taking on additional projects as they arise.
For the most part, work can be performed remotely, but occasional in-person meetings and working sessions will be required in Andover, MA (20 miles north of Boston). Local candidates are preferred.