Job Board >> Freelance Journalism Editor
|Company Name||Amnet Systems|
|Date Posted||08, Wednesday 2014|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
Amnet's editors provide light, medium, and heavy copyedits. Topics vary across all disciplines.
• Bachelor's degree (journalism preferred)
• Experience in journalistic editing for serious news delivery
• Ability to write appropriate headlines and photo captions
• An excellent score on an editing test
• Ability to produce thorough edits on short deadlines
• Ability to recognize possible libel concerns
• Strong attention to detail and to written directions
Not required but beneficial:
• Subject matter expertise in economics, aviation, agriculture, or style
• Living, or having lived, in the UK for strong grasp of culture
• Experience training journalistic editors
Varies based upon manuscript length, turnaround time, and specialized content. All editors have an opportunity to review the details about the pay, topic, and deadline before accepting a project.
Email to [email protected] with the subject line EDITING POSITION. Attach a Word document or a PDF of your resume. Resume file name should be: Lastname_Firstname_C_Date.pdf/.doc/.rtf. Use the body of the email as your cover letter.