Job Board >> Freelance Managing Editor
|Company Name||The Pearson Foundation|
|Location||Mill Valley, CA|
|Date Posted||06, Monday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
The Pearson Foundation is looking for a freelance Managing Editor to work on a long-term curriculum development project. The editor will guide the annual revisions of high school courses in the subject area of finance. The editor will work mainly from home with occasional in-person meetings in Mill Valley, CA. The work averages 30-35 hours per week and the project begins in mid-August. Compensation will be hourly DOE.
The Pearson Foundation partners with nonprofit, public interest, civic, and business organizations to support students and teachersand to sponsor community-based education programs across the globe.
Learn more about us at www.pearsonfoundation.org.
- Collect, evaluate, and incorporate feedback on courses from subject matter experts
- Conduct annual assessment and implement revisions to keep courses current, engaging, and teacher-friendly
- Manage production of hundreds of documents
- Manage the team of subject matter experts
- Edit drafts of curriculum documents for compliance, style,content, and readability
- As a member of the editorial team for this ongoing project, participate in meetings as needed
- A total of 5 years professional and progressive editorial experience, including 2+ years management oversight of production
- Subject matter expertise & experience in Finance or Business Administration a must
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in English, communications, education, or a relevant field
- Availability and flexibility for the duration of theproject, with some travel possible
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (especially the advancedfunctions of Microsoft Word)
- Working knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style
- Curriculum writing experience and/or educationalpublishing experience is preferred
- Teaching experience is a plus but not required
- Basic desktop publishing and design capabilities are aplus but not required
Location: Consultant will primarily work from home but will attend occasional in-person meetings in Mill Valley, CA. For remote candidates, travel to the business meetings will need to be covered by the Consultant.
How To Apply
To be considered, you must email all of the following: a cover letter with your hourly compensation requirements, your resume, and two relevant work samples. Please specify "Freelance Managing Editor and your name" when applying.
The Pearson Fo