Job Board >> Freelance News Reporter
|Company Name||Jspace News|
|Date Posted||18, Wednesday 2014|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
Jspace News is seeking a freelance reporter to write news stories about a variety of issues of Jewish interest and concern. This position is largely assignment based, though story pitches are welcome.
The ideal candidate will have some journalistic experience (college experience acceptable); familiarity with Jewish issues; the ability to work independently with little editorial supervision; excellent reporting and writing abilities; and the ability to work quickly and meet deadlines.
• Local and global Jewish reporting
• Writing 5 articles per week adding up to a total of 1,500 words
• Identifying and cultivating relationships with sources
• Identifying, pitching and developing timely, engaging and unusual stories
• Familiarity with Jewish issues
• Excellent reporting and writing skills
• Ability to work efficiently, quickly and on deadline
• Attention to detail and the ability to self-edit articles
• An ability to find unusual stories that aren’t being covered by more conventional sources
· 1.5+ years journalistic experience
· Bachelor’s degree required
This is a freelance position. For 1,500 words over five articles per week, freelancers are paid $100, and receive their own byline.
Please email a cover letter detailing your relevant experience, your resume, and three samples of previously published work to [email protected]