Job Board >> Freelance Reporter
|Company Name||Life Science Investing News|
|Date Posted||18, Friday 2013|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
We provide independent and unbiased educational content for investors in targeted niche markets. Our commitment to delivering value to our readers is at the top of our list. We also endeavor to create a connection between our clients and qualified investors.
Be honest. There is always more value in the truth.
Have fun. It is important to enjoy the things you do. Life is too short.
Deliver value. This will ensure we are always viable.
Ask for help. We can do everything we set out to do when we do it together
We're looking for a freelance writer/reporter located in the Vancouver area for Life Science Investing News, a new website focusing on news for the life sciences sector. The successful candidate may also be asked to contribute content toTechInvestingNews.com, a new site devoted to technology investing. We will also consider qualified candidates who live outside of Vancouver.
Position: Freelance Writer/Reporter for Lifescienceinvestingnews.com
Location: Vancouver area, telecommute
Life Science Investing News is the newest arm of the Investing News Network (INN), which currently comprises a network of 30+ commodity-focused investment sites.
• Researching the life sciences/ biotechnology markets and reporting on current market developments, reporting on new pharmaceuticals research, medical technology, etc.
• Write on developments in the tech sector, such as computing, mobile devices, social media, etc.
• Writing feature and educational articles on the life sciences industry
• Writing feature and educational articles on the tech industry.
• Conducting interviews with industry leaders
• Attending and reporting on conferences and trade shows in the Vancouver area
• Uploading articles to Wordpress
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, journalism, biology, chemistry (or related field)
• Previous experience writing about life sciences or tech
• Strong writing skills with an ability to convey complex ideas in an interesting, easily understandable way
• Excellent command of the English language
• Journalism experience a must
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• An understanding of, or experience in the life sciences industry/tech industry
• Reliable and responsible
• Understanding of SEO a plus
About the job:
• We pay a flat fee per completed and approved article
• All articles will be 600-1000 words in length
• Writers are asked to provide article ideas. On occasion topics will be assigned by the Managing Editor.
• Writers are required to link to relevant authority websites within the article body.
• Writers are required to work with our editors and make all requested revisions and rewrites.\
• Writers are expected to deliver 1-2 articles a week.
How to Apply:
• Interested applicants should email their resume and two recent writing samples to the Managing Editor. Email subject line should read: Freelance Writer/Reporter Application.
• Please provide any relevant experience and/or knowledge related to topics that you believe would be a benefit to this position.
• We will ask qualified applicants to submit a sample article using a topic assigned by us. If you are hired, you will be paid for this sample article.