Job Board >> Freelance Writer - Enterprise IT
|Date Posted||21, Tuesday 2012|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
Do you know what's behind terms like SDN, SSD, NoSQL, VM, SAN, and PCIe?
Are you up on things like caching strategies, DBMS acceleration, tiered storage, fabric computing, stream processing, and big data?
We have immediate openings for seasoned writers who can contribute short but thought-provoking blog items about these and related topics that will capture the interest of IT managers at mid-size and large companies. We'll expect a regular flow of two or three items a month, perhaps more, as well as your participation on our message boards. We will assign stories and consider those you pitch to us. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Strong experience writing about enterprise IT (required)
• Knowledge of critical issues in high-performance transaction-processing systems, as used on Wall Street, by Corporate America, and in the cloud (helpful)
• A knack for explaining complex technologies and their significance in lucid English (with extra points for wit and wisdom)
• A passion for social media and online communities
• A dedication to journalistic ethics, a courteous manner, and a sense of humor
In return, we offer excellent rates, a friendly team, and the opportunity to stretch out and show your stuff.
You'll be working with DatacenterAcceleration, soon to be launched by DeusM, a division of UBM TechWeb that operates award-winning sites such as Internet Evolution, Enterprise Efficiency, and The CMO Site. Taking our name from the classical theatre term Deus ex machina, we specialize in using high-value proprietary content and Web 2.0 technology to build online communities that attract highly qualified audiences.