Job Board >> Freelance Writer/Action Outdoor Industry
|Date Posted||28, Thursday 2013|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
are looking for freelance writers who:
- have a fresh, snappy, lively voice
- have a handle on outdoor action sports and endurance race sports
- abide by deadlines and have a quick turnover time, when required
- are willing to pitch ideas for potential content
- appreciate the thrill of creating historic content
• You must have a demonstrable background (or furtive interest) in performance action sports. You should eagerly follow rumors, releases, and news about the Nordic Ski, Stand Up Paddle and SkateBoard industry so that you have personal knowledge to draw from when assessing a topic you've been assigned.
• It is preferable that you also be familiar with the outdoor retail industry; you should at least be comfortable discussing trends and news stories within retail.
• You must have previous experience writing for an online publication.
• You must have strong writing skills.
Note that we will continue to collect submissions from applicants and contact qualified writers as needed.
This is not a salaried position, and there is no guaranteed number of assignments. However, we hope to build relationships with writers that we can rely on, which will likely result in periodic assignments.
We pay a flat fee that ranges from $75 per article, and the sum depends on the type of feature that is published.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your resume along with a cover letter and links to three *relevant* examples of your
published writing; if your clips are not related to the outdoor consumer world, please explain your familiarity with the subject matter in a cover letter that also highlights your interest in the outdoor retail industry.