Job Board >> Freelance Writer/Reporter
|Company Name||Resource Investing News Network|
|Date Posted||13, Friday 2012|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
Resource Investing News Network
Be honest. There is always more value in the truth.
Have fun. It is important to enjoy the things you do. Life is too short.
Deliver value. This will ensure we are always viable.
Ask for help. We can do everything we set out to do when we do it together.
We're looking for a freelance writer/reporter located in the Vancouver area for Resource Investing News, a leading online source for news on the resource markets.
Position: Freelance Writer/Reporter for Resourceinvestingnews.com
Location: Vancouver area, telecommute
Resource Investing News consists of a network of over 30 websites, including goldinvestingnews.com, silverinvestingnews.com and rareearthinvestingnews.com.
We also publish daily commodity-specific newsletters that feature the latest commentary, general interest and educational articles to keep investors informed and up to date with the latest news surrounding the commodity markets.
• Researching the commodity markets and reporting on current market developments, supply/demand fundamentals shaping price, etc.
• Writing feature and educational articles on the resource markets and the mining industry
• Conducting interviews with industry leaders
• Attending and reporting on conferences and trade shows in the Vancouver area
• Uploading articles to Wordpress
• Commodities to be covered would include (not limited to): gold, copper, silver, nickel, tin, moly, manganese and rare earths.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, journalism, geology (or related field)
• Previous experience writing about the commodity markets, the economy or the mining industry
• Strong writing skills with an ability to convey complex ideas in an interesting, easily understandable way
• Excellent command of the English language
• Journalism experience a must
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• An understanding of or experience in the commodities markets, finance, and mining industry
• Reliable and responsible
• Understanding of SEO a plus
About the job:
• We pay a flat fee per completed and approved article
• All articles will be 600-1000 words in length
• Writers are asked to provide article ideas. On occasion topics will be assigned by the Managing Editor.
• Writers are required to link to relevant authority websites within the article body.
• Writers are required to work with our editors and make all requested revisions and rewrites.
Examples of possible article topics:
• Silver Price Gains on US-Iran Tensions
• Copper Drops as Europe Worries Rattle Markets
• Centerra Gold Sees Continued Pressure From Wage Inflation
• China Increases Rare Earth Export Quota for First Half of 2012
• Writers are expected to deliver 3-5 articles a week.
How to Apply:
• Interested applicants should email their resume and two recent writing samples to the Managing Editor. Email subject line should read: Freelance Writer/Reporter Application.
• Please provide any relevant experience and/or knowledge related to topics that you believe would be a benefit to this position.
• We will ask qualified applicants to submit a sample article using a topic assigned by us. If you are hired, you will be paid for this sample article.