Job Board >> Gaming Copy Editor
|Date Posted||22, Friday 2013|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
Pay: $25-$35/hr DOE
24 Seven is looking for a copyeditor to join our client's internal marketing team!
The editor will be expected to make a significant contribution to the Editing department's output of game-related text aimed at a younger audience, as well as being heavily involved in the writing process of a number of other projects ranging from marketing materials to magazine text.
· Editing, including content and copyediting of rules text and other game-related text.
· Creative writing, specifically of game-related text aimed at a younger audience.
· Daily interaction with other departments, both in Seattle and overseas.
· Review of and possible editing of game-related rules text in other languages as well as in English.
· Proofing and revision of game-related text in both electronic and hard copy format in English, as necessary.
· Projects may include working on web editing, marketing edit and other editing needs as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 4-5 years of editing experience publishing under regular deadlines, and the demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite while handling multiple tasks in an organized manner.
· Previous experience in the gaming industry, especially as a game editor, is a strong plus.
· Must be detail oriented with proven ability to multitask various projects at the same time.
· Demonstrated experience utilizing specialized technical programs to edit files is essential. Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn new programs is essential.