Job Board >> Grant Writer
|Company Name||The Bowling Foundation|
|Date Posted||12, Thursday 2013|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
This is a home-office based contract position.
Based on experience and qualifications
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Conduct research related to funding opportunities including local, regional and national foundations, corporate, private and competitive government grant opportunities using appropriate research sources including databases and online search tools.
2) Develop a master list of the top funders The Bowling Foundation should pursue.
3) Analyze funding opportunities and prepare probability reports.
4) Produce sufficient number and quality of prospects and target appropriate ask amounts; prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation and government grants.
5) Evaluate funders’ guidelines and match relevant organizational needs to funders’ eligibility requirements and interests.
6) Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
7) Interview various funding resources; gather vital information and analyze findings.
8) Compile, write and edit pre-proposal, full proposal, budgets and financial reports unique to funders’ requirements while maintaining files for standard text common to all proposals.
9) Ability to utilize innovative techniques and ingenuity to prepare compelling narratives for grant applications and reports to funders in a timely manner.
10) Write Letters of Intent, RFPs and proposals for a variety of funding sources such as foundations, corporation or governmental entities.
11) Maintain complete electronic and hard-copy files on all grants, including the documentation of grant progress and quarterly or annual reports as required by granting agencies.
12) Provide assistance in resolving issues and conflicts with funding agencies.
13) Review revenues and expenditures and project status to ensure proper expenditures are made for Federal grant projects.
14) Provide regular updates to Director of Youth & Bowling Foundation Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or liberal arts field
· Minimum 3 years successful track record in corporate, foundation and government fundraising including proposal writing, research and prospect identification and screening and tracking of donors and prospects.
· Ability to work independently with attention to detail, deadlines and goals
· Ability to take initiative, think strategically, investigate effectively, scrutinize information sources and concisely summarize key points
· Possess strong communication skills – both written and verbal
· Proven grant research and writing experience required—accreditation a plus
· Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and gather, analyze and evaluate a variety of data to incorporate into grant applications