Job Board >> Lead News Contributor - Science, Tech, Entertainment & Strange News
|Company Name||Mysterious Universe|
|Date Posted||21, Tuesday 2014|
|Listing Type||Monthly Rate|
Lead News Contributor (contractor)
$1000 USD per month - Minimum 3 news items a day - 5 days a week
Preferable Applicant would be located in the UK or the US as to stay on top of the news cycle.
Our site features a strong selection of feature articles, interest pieces, and opinion pieces within our content genre. We are currently lacking in news items and are looking to fill that gap with short posts focused on current news.
io9.com is the best example of a popular website with the kind of content we are after, specifically their posts on science, space, futurology, and strange news. We would also include entertainment news that is associated with our genre acceptable as “news” e.g. Update on a new kickstarter for a game, book, film etc.
In terms of post length we really like Boing Boings approach. It’s quick to read and fairly well written. (Example: http://boingboing.net/2014/01/20/oxfam-85-richest-humans-own-m.html)
- Posting of multiple news items a day (Minimum 3) with imagery, using an informative yet light hearted “fun” tone. (io9 is a great example of this).
- Up to date news from the past 48 hours.
- Good knowledge of off-beat news (Tech, Paranormal, Cryptozoology, Strange Political, Conspiracy, Science etc)
- After a trial period of 4 weeks, we will start implementation of a pageview KPI. We will use the trial period to gauge what is an appropriate KPI. There will also be future bonuses for recruiting new contributors to the site.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with writing content for the web. Previous blogging experience essential.
- We’d love to see examples of your work!
- Wordpress experience essential.
- Basic experience with image editing software and sourcing imagery for online use (Access to stock photo accounts will be provided).
- Understanding of social media utilization for boosting views and reach.
How To Apply
Supply your examples and tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the job.