Job Board >> Managing Editor
|Company Name||South Bay Accent|
|Date Posted||07, Friday 2013|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
• Researching and developing story ideas pertinent to the area
• Assigning stories to our writer base
• Editing, writing, headlines, decks and coverlines
• Interacting with design, production and advertising elements
The ideal candidate is creative, intelligent, upbeat, dependable and detail-oriented--a professional with a flexible freelance schedule who is highly organized and can work efficiently under deadline pressure.
• Lifestyle oriented magazine writing/editing experience required
• Good research skills and story development capabilities are essential
• Creative headline and deck writing
• Good knowledge of AP style
• Must be highly in-tune with Santa Clara County/Silicon Valley for story planning purposes
• Macintosh/InDesign skills desired
• Excellent proofreading skills required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A journalism degree and 5+ years writing/editing magazine experience are necessary.
Please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to the attention of the Senior Editor and send as a WORD ATTACHMENT only.
Note: All qualified applicants will be required to complete a sample editorial assignment as outlined by South Bay Accent for creativity, style and capability purposes.
BAY AREA, SILICON VALLEY, SANTA CLARA COUNTY CA CANDIDATES ONLY
Please only apply if you are an established freelancer with a home office and you meet the specifications for this position.