Job Board >> Managing Editor
|Date Posted||14, Wednesday 2013|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
- Editorial vision: You will “own” the content on our sites so you will need to set and execute the vision for our content. This will include determining new areas of development, updating existing articles
- Recruit writers, contributors and partners: It is possible that you will write some articles yourself, but it is more likely that you will recruit contributors as necessary and appropriate. You will need to manage this process from start to finish.
- Active management and engagement of our Twitter feeds: We see Twitter as a valuable tool for our site and will expect you to be actively involved.
- Marketing and promotion: You will be the primary advocate for our sites. You will be our “chief evangelist” and expected to reach out and partner with other sites, blogs and companies as appropriate to promote our work.
- Previous experience running a blog or content website.
- Solid understanding of personal finance. Expertise with retirement savings preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity and comfort with social media.
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Marketing/promotional orientation.