Job Board >> Part-time Reporter/Writer
|Company Name||University Times|
|Date Posted||18, Thursday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
The University Times, the editorially independent staff and faculty newspaper at the University of Pittsburgh, is looking for an experienced reporter to help cover the multi-faceted University community. Assignments will include features, news, meeting coverage, Q&As, profiles, etc.
This is a contract position (no benefits) requiring approximately 15 hours/week, mid August-November and January-April. Person will work on campus as assignments demand, but most work will be done at home.
• At least two years of newspaper reporting experience.
• Ability to cover wide range of subjects.
• Ability to write quickly and accurately.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Knowledge of higher education issues a plus.
Salary is negotiable.