Job Board >> Part-time Grant Writer
|Company Name||Haven Hills|
|Location||Canoga Park, CA|
|Date Posted||23, Thursday 2013|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
1. Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants.
2. Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs.
3. Compile, write, and edit all grant applications.
4. Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization’s preferences.
5. Develop and maintain effective relationships with current and potential funders.
6. Compile, write, and edit progress reports when required by a grant-making organization that has funded a project or program.
7. Ensure prompt acknowledgement of grants in the form of thank you letters.
8. Maintain a grant tracking system to assure timely submission of required paperwork such as grant applications, letters of intent, reports and acknowledgement letters.
9. Ensure hardcopies of all information /paperwork pertaining to grant is filed in a file with the grants name.
10. Maintain and turn in progress reports / grant status reports to the Director of Development.
11. Assist Program Director with government grants as needed.
12. Fill out and turn in tracking sheet and grant agreement for foundation grants to the Financial Director.
1)BA or equivalent experience; 2)At least 3 years experience researching & writing grants; 3)Knowledge of foundation funders; 4)Excellent written & verbal communication skills; 5)Ability to meet overlapping deadlines & multi-task; 6)Excellent organizational & analytical skills; 7)Outstanding attention to detail; 8)Ability to work independently & as part of a team, 9)Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality; 10)Knowledge of research databases a plus
20 hrs per week